Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Except for content otherwise permitted by Creative Commons or other open source license, permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Technical Meshugana’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Technical Meshugana’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Technical Meshugana at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Technical Meshugana’s website are provided “as is”. Technical Meshugana makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Technical Meshugana does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Technical Meshugana or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Technical Meshugana’s Internet site, even if Technical Meshugana or an authorized representative of Technical Meshugana has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Technical Meshugana’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Technical Meshugana does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Technical Meshugana may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Technical Meshugana does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Technical Meshugana has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Technical Meshugana of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Technical Meshugana’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oklahoma without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. All information gathered will be used solely to help improve the content delivered through this website and will not be resold to any third parties.
I have not, will not, and will never do paid posts or wiki entries. Period. I’m also not keen on bombarding you with advertisements and sponsored links just to try and recoup my costs for running this site. This means that any financial support this blog receives is dependent upon you, the reader.
In the interest of making this website financially self-sufficient and to allow for more personal time spent posting and updating relevant information to you, the reader, this website will utilize affiliate links to products and services on occasion (mostly through Amazon) that are relevant to the content provided. A good general rule of thumb if in doubt, if it links to Amazon and it’s a product I’m cool with, it’s going to contain my referral code techmeshugana-20. These links under most circumstances will be clearly marked as affiliate links. If you click these links and purchase anything, I will be compensated with a very modest commission. This commission comes out of the vendors profit margin and does not affect the price that you pay, so there’s no downside to you at all. If you decide not to purchase anything, that’s fine as well; I don’t want you to become or continue to be a consumerist schmoe just on account of helping to support this site. That stated, I will not endorse or recommend any product or service that I myself have not or would not be willing to use, commission or not.
Generally, I’m extremely careful about what I recommend to you, the reader, but there will be times when I might recommend something that I have not personally tried. For those times, I will do my best to ensure that it is communicated that the product or service in question is a general recommendation as opposed to an endorsement based on personal experience. None of these recommendations will ever be made on the basis of commission returns. If the product or service in these circumstances proves to be a raw deal for you, please let me know politely through my official communications channel so I might re-evaluate my recommendations… but do not take any anger or frustration out on me. As stated above, I make no offer of warranty, guarantee or accuracy to anything that I post. You’re an adult (or should be), anything you purchase that I recommend you do so of your own accord.
Occasionally, I might receive a relevant free product or service to write an unbiased review about that offering. If this happens, I will fully disclose the presence of free review samples in any article posted. Any products received under these conditions that lend themselves to being given away at random to one of the readers will be. Sometimes this won’t be possible, though, and I may occasionally keep the item in question.
Additionally, this website is set up to receive cash donations to help support its continued presence. We are NOT a non-profit organization, though an effort might be made to do so if circumstances and support from the community allows. These donations will be accepted as no-strings-attached gifts with absolutely no exchange for products or services promised or rendered, and will not grant the giver any special treatment whatsoever. You might feel warm and fuzzy after making the donation knowing that you’re helping to keep this resource online and helping to support the author’s own goals of financial independence, but even that is not a legally binding guarantee.
Source Material Attribution
- Blog template derived from Generate Press child theme Mantle by Thomas Usborne and both are licensed for use under the GNU General Public License v.2.
- All utilized graphical elements not created by Technical Meshugana are owned by their respective owners with attribution and appropriate license details included at the end of the article and/or as alt text or metadata embedded with the image.
- All logos and trademarks of various discussed companies and organizations are owned by their respective owners, and utilized under Fair Use as outlined by the United States Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107.
- All remaining photos, content, and distinctive graphical elements are copyrighted by Technical Meshugana unless otherwise stated.
Any remaining code work and generic graphic elements not designed specifically for and copyrighted by Technical Meshugana and are additionally not covered by the above licenses are available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license courtesy of Willisburg Networks.